Pages

Project Shoeshine: Update in a Long time!

Pencil Tuesday, November 22, 2011 clock at 10:57 AM

Wow, I can't believe it's been a whole month since I've last updated this blog. I have two updates today since a LOT of progress has happened since I last blogged. For starters, let me say that a project never goes by as fast as you had it pictured in your mind. I thought building my own closet would be simple and take only a few weeks with work and school in between. Turns out that a) I'm tooo lazy to work that fast and b) cutting and hammering and painting does NOT take a few hours work, it takes DAYS!

So what's have I done to my closet? I put it together! The planks of wood that it is. Two are ready to be painted and legs attached and the other needs to be put together. I've left my wood outside which was a bad idea. Several of them are little crooked from the humidity, but I've worked to hard on them to start all over again. I'm not to worried either since it's barely noticeable and I don't think it will cause much problems when putting in the drawers. Hopefully I won't blog in the near future of how wrong I was. That would suck. Well, here are the pics!

Wood all primed, sanded, and primed again! I made sure to make them super smooth.

Clamps, wood glue, and nails! :) 
Make sure those corners are squared!

Well, that's it! I haven't take a picture of the what they look like put together so you can be wowed by their big unveiling. Kidding, was too lazy to take pics and their currently being used to hold some stuff while my whole room has been turned upside down. Can't wait to see what it looks like finished!

1 comment:

Madame Meg said...

Hey- Thanks for stopping by my place! I totally sympathize with you about your cats and charcoal drawings. I have two cats as well as the naughty dog and have made the mistake of leaving spools of thread (and once a bowl of beads!)on the coffee table- what a mess! Not quite as bad as the time the dog got the skein of yarn... why do we love them again? HA! Good luck on your closet!
: ) Meg

Post a Comment